CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment: Critical Care, Third Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series)
All the management and diagnosis strategies you need in the environment
CURRENT Diagnosis And Treatment: Critical Care delivers authoritative and clinically focused guidance in a concise, find-it-now format. Following the trusted LANGE approach, it includes a review of the etiology, relevant pathophysiology, and clinical symptoms as a prelude to diagnosis and treatment. Coverage includes everything from renal failure and surgical infections to coronary heart disease. There is a strong emphasis on evidence-based medicine throughout.
- Comprehensive overview of 39 key critical care topics, covering critical care basics, medical critical care, and the essentials of surgical critical care . .
- Valuable perspectives on the latest technologies, equipment, therapeutic strategies, and interventions. .
- Addresses common but difficult-to-diagnose critical care problems and delivers approach to the patient strategies . .
- NEW! Important treatment strategies for venous thromboembolism, , diabetic ketoacidosis, asthma, sepsis, and many more. .
- NEW! Current recommendations for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis, transfusions, goal-directed therapy in sepsis, mechanical ventilation, use of pulmonary artery catheters, and glycemic control. .
- NEW! PMID numbers on all references for easy look-up
Key Questions in Surgical Critical Care
An understanding of Critical Care has been designed as a companion to Surgical Critical Care, by Robert Ashford and Neal Evans, and is split into two main sections, multiple choice questions and viva topics. Based on the syllabus of the Royal College of Surgeons, each of these two sections is further subdivided into six sub-sections covering the cardiovascular system, the respiratory system, other systems and multisystem failure, problems in intensive care, principles of intensive care and practical procedures. The MCQs and viva topics provided are typical of those appearing in the MRCS examination, and the authors provide detailed explanatory notes to accompany each answer, almost all of which are cross-referenced directly to the relevant pages of Surgical Critical Care, as well as other sources of further reading. is vital to the modern surgeon, who is often responsible for patients requiring intensive care or high-dependency support. Key Questions in Surgical
This best-selling resource provides a general overview and basic information for all adult intensive care units. The material is presented in a brief and quick-access format which allows for topic and exam review. It provides enough detailed and specific information to address most all questions and problems that arise in the ICU. Emphasis on fundamental principles in the text should prove useful for patient care outside the ICU as well. New chapters in this edition include hyperthermia and hypothermia syndromes; infection control in the ICU; and severe airflow obstruction. Sections have been reorganized and consolidated when appropriate to reinforce concepts. Purchase of The ICU Book, Third Edition gives you free access to a Website featuring links from references to PubMed, updated regularly; and a directory of Websiteshandpicked by Dr. Marino
http://rapidshare.com/files/28615997/ICUB.rar ( CHM FORMAT ) OR
http://ifile.it/85ux6m/icub.rar ( CHM FORMAT ) OR
http://ifile.it/gcpi7s/ticub-3.rar (PASSWORD= lekar )
ITS IN PDB FORMAT AND OPENS WITH ISLO SOFTWARE WHICH YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM THIS LINK
Critical Care Secrets (The Secrets Series)
This best-selling volume in The Secrets Series® is back in an exciting, fully updated 4th Edition! You’ll find all of the features you rely on the Secrets for-such as a question-and-answer format · bulleted lists · mnemonics · “Key Points” boxes · and tips from the authors.
- Equips you with the evidence-based guidance you need to provide optima care for the critically ill.
- Expedites reference and review with a question-and-answer format, bulleted lists, mnemonics, and practical tips from the authors.
- Features a two-color page layout, “Key Points” boxes, and lists of useful web sites to enhance your reference power.
- Presents a chapter containing “Top Secrets”, providing you with an overview of essential material for last-minute study or self-assessment
- Provides coverage of the principles of gas and fluid flow · pulmonary mechanics · and electronic circuitry.
- Discusses protocols and guidelines.
- Offers effective solutions to patients’ medical and ethical problems from a wide range of specialists such as pulmonologists
· surgeons · anesthesiologists · psychiatrists · pharmacists · and infectious disease experts.